The kid’s bedroom flooring is important enough due to the child’s nature being naughty and playful. So perhaps the most important thing for parents in having a child is to create a safe and comfortable environment where the child can sleep, rest, and play. Because children’s mobility and playfulness are crucial parts of their development process, parents provide a safe space for them to play by choosing the appropriate flooring. The safety and security of a child’s play space is an essential component that has a deep and close relationship with the kid’s health. In other words, implementing safety equipment in the game and sanitizing the environment contribute to parents’ peace of mind and naughty children playing the game. A child’s bedroom is one of the areas prone to accidents and is the source of many injuries, so appropriate flooring exercises the proper care and sensitivity. A lack of knowledge and follow-through regarding floor safety can result in severe injuries and potentially irreparable harm to children. Therefore, appropriate and quality flooring is essential while making a safe and secure space for children’s bedrooms.
Various types of flooring for children’s bedrooms are discussed below, along with their advantages and disadvantages.
Types of kids’ Bedroom Flooring
If your kid’s bedroom is your priority, should the security of that space be a priority too? In addition, the right flooring for that space is one of the most critical scratch-resistant factors that play a vital role in the beauty of the room. Traditionally, carpeting has been a popular choice for flooring, especially for children’s bedrooms. Below are the disadvantages that offset these advantages.
- Softness: Carpets with long lint provide a soft, flexible surface that maintains the child’s safety during play as well as increasing their freedom of action.
- Thermo-acoustic insulation: On the one hand, carpets act as sound insulation, preventing noise when children play and jump, as well as providing a comfortable environment for a child to sleep. On the other hand, carpet is a suitable thermal insulator, creating a warm or cool environment that meets the child’s needs as necessary.
- Variety: Among the reasons, carpet has become a popular flooring choice is its wide range of designs, colors, materials, and prices, making it versatile and harmonious with almost any decor and style.
- Cleaning: Unlike other flooring types, cleaning carpets is intricate due to their nature and lint.
- Allergies: As carpet lint contributes to germs and fungi, along with capturing dust from children’s play, resulting in a decrease in the quality of the air in the room and allergies.
The floor of a child’s bedroom should have unique features such as durability, beauty, and non-slip characteristics, which becomes even more critical when considered a practical option. Laminating meets all of the above requirements; below are the pros and cons of this option.
- Cleaning: Despite the flat, glossy surface and lack of grooves, laminates have not been challenging to sweep or clean. Just use a soft cloth or mop to remove any dirt or stains after a child’s activity.
- Durability: The coating layer applied on the surface of the laminate makes them resistant to impact and scratches.
- Humidity: Laminate is resistant to moisture; however, they will lose their effects scratch-resistant if they are not correctly installed and water leaks somewhere.
- Resistance: Laminate flooring is less resistant when underfloor heating and cooling systems are available in the environment so that this flooring is not suitable for these environments.
Luxury Vinyl Flooring
Besides carpets, Luxury Vinyl is a durable and cost-effective flooring option for the kid’s bedroom.
- High strength: In addition to being scratch-resistant, vinyl flooring is also safe for use in a child’s bedroom. It is also a good choice for any climate.
- Cleaning: Vinyl flooring is easy to clean because of its material.
- Allergy: The synthetic nature of this type of flooring and the petroleum used to produce it can trigger allergies.
Since the flooring market is so vast, the options for flooring for a kid’s bedroom are severely limited. The challenge is to choose a floor that can satisfy all the requirements of the child’s bedroom and address the concerns of parents regarding the safety of the room during a child’s playtime. Therefore, the Orange County flooring America experts consider parents’ worries for kid’s safety and are ready to give you the best consultation for the stylish and safest flooring remodeling.
Lewitin, J. (2019, May 26). Best Flooring Options for a Kid’s Bed4room. The Spruce.
Articles. (2017. November.04). Choosing the right flooring for a child’s bedroom. Home By Me.
Flooring contractor Bluffton. N.D. Best Flooring Options for a Kids Bedroom. May River Flooring. https://www.mayriverflooring.com/best-flooring-options-for-a-kids-bedroom
Pros and cons of luxurious vinyl. N.D. Complete Flooring & Interiors.
Top 5 Pros and Cons of Carpet Flooring. N.D. Just Around the Corner..